JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
Columbia University, School of International and Public Affairs
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: New York, New York, UNITED STATES
O2 -- Development Planning and Policy
P4 -- Other Economic Systems
Technology, equality and justice, markets, development, oil and gas, natural gas, hydrogen, electricity, carbontech
the energy transition to zero-carbon fuels, energy and public health
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Center on Global Energy Policy at Columbia’s School of International and Public Affairs seeks a Staff Associate I (Officer of Research) to support research on domestic and/or international energy policy, geopolitics, technology, equality and justice, markets, development, oil and gas, natural gas, hydrogen, electricity, carbontech, or other relevant areas (e.g., the energy transition to zero-carbon fuels, energy and public health).
The incumbent will support CGEP’s Sr. Staff Associates, Research Scholars and Senior Research Scholars by contributing to the research subject, assisting with interpretation of research, conducting literature reviews; analyzing and visualizing data. The incumbent will contribute to outputs including peer-reviewed journal articles, research reports, issue briefs, and/or op-eds. They may present at conferences, seminars and/or events. Under the direction of a PI or Senior Staff Associate, they may ensure deliverable deadlines are met and coordinate and work with external or partner organizations.
The position will leverage linkages between other areas of ongoing work across the Earth Institute, Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science, Sabin Center for Climate Change Law, Lenfest Center for Sustainable Energy, and Columbia University more broadly, including its Climate School. The position may engage at a high level with key stakeholders.
Main Responsibilities will include, but are not limited, to the following:
● Contribute to research and literature reviews, collect data, analyze and visualize data using Microsoft Excel and/or other tools
● Contribute to outputs — including peer-reviewed journal articles, research reports, issue briefs, op-eds, and/or others. Contributions will include formatting manuscripts (e.g., formatting citations)
● Under the direction of a PI or Senior Staff Associate, assist in the management of report production, rollout, and outreach, including event management, speaker invitations, media interactions, and other activities as needed
● Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (public policy, economics, international affairs, political science, engineering, etc.)
● Strong verbal and written communication and copy-editing skills.
● 4 years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For the full job description and to submit an application please visit:
Screening of the candidates will begin immediately, and the search will remain open no less than 30 days from the date of posting and continue until filled. For further information, please contact (CGEP HR) Office at cgephr@ .
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
- External Application Link