Policy on Revisions of Data and Code Deposits in the fifa电竞抽注今日网址 Data and Code Repository
- No Replacement
- Identifying That the Deposit Has Been Updated
- Minimal Modifications
- Review and Approval
- Version of Record and Linking
- Practical Considerations
Once an article has been published in an fifa电竞抽注今日网址 journal, the associated data and code deposit will also have been published in the fifa电竞抽注今日网址 Data and Code Repository . Both publications are considered permanent.
However, it may become necessary or desirable to update the code and data deposit associated with a published manuscript. Reasons may include:
- the code or the data have been updated to more accurately or more easily reproduce the results in the manuscript
- data which previously could not be made available is now redistributable
- the data availability has changed and the availability statement should be updated
the data are found to contain confidential or copyrighted materials
All previously published deposits will remain available, except when privacy or copyright infringements have been identified. When updating and publishing a deposit, a new version is created (V2, V3, etc.). All versions connect to each other, for example, if a V2 has been created, there is an indication from the V1 version that it exists, and vice versa.
Should a data and code deposit be found to be in infringement of copyright, confidentiality, or other data use agreements, the fifa电竞抽注今日网址 may be required to “deaccession” or "unpublish" the deposit. The repository will continue to display metadata, including filenames, but the files will no longer be available. Authors are required to bring their deposit back into compliance with the fifa电竞抽注今日网址 Data and Code Availability Policy as soon as possible.
All data and code deposits are required to have a README. All deposits other than the initial version must also identify the changes made as part of any update. See " Practical considerations " for details.
Authors should update only those files that need to be added, edited, or removed. Wholesale replacement of the entire archive is not allowed.
In all cases, the fifa电竞抽注今日网址 Data Editor will need to review the updated materials provided.
The fifa电竞抽注今日网址 Data Editor will review the metadata associated with the new version. However, the same level of verification of computational reproducibility afforded to new submissions cannot be provided, except in select cases.
When the article is published, the approved version of the data and code deposit becomes the version of record (typically "V1"). In the case of a minimal update, the fifa电竞抽注今日网址 will consider the updated version as the new version of record and will change the link from the article page to point to that version. For any substantive updates, the link will not be changed. However, in all cases, all published versions of the data deposit will be visible on the repository page.
Minimal changes include:
- clarity of documentation in README or code
- modifications to the deposit that do not affect the computation of the tables and figures in the manuscript
Substantive changes include:
- new data or code, even if it improves the overall reproducibility of the package
any modification to data or code that has the potential to change tables and figures
If the materials were deposited with the fifa电竞抽注今日网址 prior to the announcement of the 2019 Data and Code Availability Policy , the "owner" of the deposit is the fifa电竞抽注今日网址 Data Editor. In order to update the deposit, authors should request that the fifa电竞抽注今日网址 Data Editor share the deposit with them .
If the deposit was made after July 2019, one of the authors retains the ability to submit revisions. The fifa电竞抽注今日网址 Data Editor can assist in identifying the author who last made changes to the deposit.
When uploading changes, authors should consult the generic fifa电竞抽注今日网址 Deposit Instructions and supplementary guidance . In particular, we encourage authors to update and enrich any metadata previously not entered, such as geographic scope and time periods covered by the data.
- If replacing files, you will first need to delete the original file.
- Do not replace anything that does not need replacing (in other words, use surgical replacement rather than bulldozer replacement).
- Do not upload ZIP files. All files need to be expanded. You may use the "Import from ZIP" functionality.
- The README must be consistent with the new contents of the deposit, and thus usually must be updated as well (see also next section).
Updates to data and code deposits must exhaustively identify changes made since the Version of Record. This can be done in one of two ways.
- Create a new file called CHANGES.txt
- Create a new section, near the top of the README, called "Changelog"
The data and code in this deposit have been updated after publication of the article.
- V1: Original version
- V2: The code has been simplified, and better instructions provided. All results are the same.
- V3: Permission was obtained by the data provider to post additional data. "Master.do" and the instructions in the README have been updated. Figures 5, 8, and 10 are now reproducible with this archive.
When publishing a deposit, a new version number is automatically assigned. A title for that version can be provided. Suggested version titles:
- Post-publication update fixing various issues
- Post-publication update providing additional data
This version (July 2022) supplants all prior policies .